Monday, September 19, 2011

Flirtatious Headband

I am so excited to share my latest obsession with you.  I know many of you don't give a flip about hairbow and headbands, but for some reason, I am LOVING them right now and loving it even more that I can make it with Stampin' Up! Fabric!  It's a great way to share our company with people who aren't interested in our paper/ink/stamp product lines.

Supplies: 
headband to cover, hot glue gun, lighter to heat seal ribbon
Flirtatious designer fabric
melon mambo scalloped ribbon
To Make Fabric Flower: 
Cut 1 circle from Circles#2 die (larger one)
Cut 7 circles from the clear circle die
On each larger circle put a dot of hot glue in the middle and fold circle in half.  Put another dot of hot glue in the middle of the fold and fold it again.  So, basically you have a circle folded in quarters.
Take your smaller circle and put a big dot of hot glue in the center and put 4 folded quarter circles on top, meeting in the middle.  Then, put another dot of glue in the middle of that and layer the last 3 circles on top.  Fluff it up and hot glue it onto the covered headband.  I suggest looking in a mirror to place the flower so you don't look like a goof :)  I have worn this headband out in public and don't feel like a total goob.  I'm bringing the headband back for women!

Have you seen all our fabrics?  Here they are.

Candy Cane Christmas

Deck the Halls

Holly Berry Bouquet

Flirtatious

Springtime Vinatage

Spice Cake

Sweet Stitches

Timeless Portrait
Beau Chateau


1 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Oh Beth! I see babies these days sporting head bands all the time! I'll have to come back & study this don't have the time now but this bow on there is fantastic! Great post!