Thursday, September 22, 2011

spice cake broach

I'm a big fan of this broach.  This broach is a little different than the ones everyone is making with the flower folds die.  This is using the fun flowers die.  It has 3 different flower sizes on it.  I cut out 2-3 flowers of each size in different fabrics.  I actually sprayed them with fabric starch, balled it up as tightly as I could and let them dry.  It took a long time to dry.  I actually got my heat tool out to help it along.  That worked well.  Once they were dry, I just opened them up, but didn't flatten them out.  I layered them on top of each other, pierced it with the paper piercer and put an antique brad in the middle.  I would recommend even putting a piece of cardstock or cardboard on the back.  Then glue a pin to the back...or put it on a covered headband. This looks great on my jean jacket :)  Happy Crafting!

Supplies: 
fabric starch (I used Niagra)
Spice Cake Designer Fabric
Fun Flowers Die and the big shot
paper piercer and heat tool (to help drying process)
antique brad

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

Great idea, Beth....great colors!