Monday, May 6, 2013

Craft Room Organization

I've been itching to try a few new things in my craft room.  I finally took the plunge and bought the supplies.

This was the screen door that was on our porch when we moved in.  At the bottom is a doggy door, but we don't have a doggy.  I needed more room to put announcements and card samples.  I hung the door on the wall and traced the inside edges with a pencil.  Then I painted it with a magnetic primer and then with chalkboard paint.  You can't tell in this picture, but the chalkboard is coffee color instead of black.  Cool, huh?  I've enjoyed it a lot.  I'm using chalk markers that I got at michaels.  No chalk mess.


It's fun to be able to display a project and then tell a little about it in writing.

1 comments:

Carol Carriveau said...

What a fabulous - what is old is new again....love re-purposing things like this!! Thank you for sharing it!