Friday, April 22, 2011

Please excuse our regularly scheduled programming

I have been asking myself this question, "Why am I killing myself making cards that match a theme when I desperately need to make cards to send to people now!?"  I have this thing where I feel like I need to stay in my weekly theme.  So, please excuse the interruption to the regularly scheduled "Strength and Hope" week for a fun graduation card I needed to make for my husband's cousin!  This is cased from Jackie Topa.



Supplies:
Stamp Set: Something to Celebrate (level 2 hostess mini catty)
Paper: Basic Black, More Mustard, Night of Navy, Whisper White, Blushing Bride
Ink: Night of Navy, White Craft ink
Ribbon: 1/4" grosgrain white
Tools: Scallop Trim border and corner punch, paper snips
Accessories: pearls, dimensionals, rhinestone brads, glue dots, yarn

Card Dimensions:
Navy and Mustard strips: 1/8"
White piece: 2x3.25"
Navy piece behind white piece: 1-7/8"x3-3/8"
Hat: 1.5x1.5"
Collar template: (punch a corner first and then measure this out) 1.5"x1-7/8"

Here is a video tutorial on how to make the collar and a few other notes I want to share with you.


4 comments:

Patti Willey said...

That's an adorable card for a young lady Graduate!
Thanks for the tutorial!

Cindy E said...

What an adorable card and so unique. We need to make one in a card camp :-)

Anonymous said...

Very nice. I need to make a graduation card also and this is a good idea. Edna

Anonymous said...

Love the card! Thanks for the idea... I am going to try scoring the collar before cutting off the larger piece of paper.