Friday, August 19, 2011

Personalized Lunch Box Class

I am so excited to share this project with you.  This class will be offered at The Play Place USA on Tuesday Sept 13th from 6-8pm.  I'll send out an evite closer to the time, but I did want to get you excited about it.  I made this for my son's best friend, Morgan.  She saw it yesterday and said, "That's ADORABLE, Ms Beth!".   Love it when my work is appreciated :)  She will use this as her lunchbox on her first day of Kindergarten.  It probably won't fit in her bookbag, but WHY would you want to put something this cute in a bag?  It's modge podged so all the paper is protected and any spills would wipe right up.  Even if your child isn't in school yet, you know they would love to have this can with their name on it.  I'll be working on a little boy version of this. I feel that might be a little more difficult, but my son HAS to have one!
Here's the top view.  Do you notice our new ruffled ribbon tied neatly in a bow on each side.  It's the extras that make something special :)
But did you REALLY notice our new In Color designer brads?  They fit perfectly around the bottom of the can.

Here is the link to see the invitation for this class!!!

Supplies:
Paper: Berry Blossoms DSP, Lucky Limeade, whisper white, and early espresso cardstock
Ribbon: Lucky Limeade 3/8" ruffled ribbon
Accessories: In Color Designer printed brads, modge podge, sponge brush
Tools: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Die, alphabet simple letters die