Saturday, January 14, 2012

Baby Prints

There are some sets that you just need to have for emergencies.  That is how I feel about this new stamp set.  We used to sell a stamp set with baby prints, but they retired it.  I guess they figured out I needed it back.  Here is the set from the current Occasions Mini.
Baby Prints - Clear-Mount Stamp
There is just something sweet about the little prints.  I've had several babies born in my life in the last 2 months so I had to get on the ball.  Here's what I came up with.  One for a boy and one for a girl.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Baby Prints (Occassions mini), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: White, Pool Party, Calypso Coral, Lucky Limeade, Everyday Enchantment (SAB)
Ink: Pool Party or Calypso Coral
Tools: Big Shot, Stripes Embossing Folder, scallop border punch, corner rounder, 1/6" hole punch, word window, modern label punch
Accessories: Designer In color brads, lucky limeade or pool party ruffled ribbon, dimensionals
One other thing I wanted to share with you about this card.  There are some of you out there asking how people come up with these ideas.  I knew I needed to make a baby card, but I didn't know where to start.  Here's how I did it.  Have you ever used a template.  If you've looked at my blog, I have a button at the bottom for Mojo Monday.  When I had more time, I used to play along.  You should try if you have the time.  I went to their site, and clicked on 2011 Sketches.  There is a 2010 section too.  Lots to choose from.  I knew which stamp set I wanted to use and what colors I wanted to use.  I chose this layout to work from.

It's just meant to get your creative juices flowing.  I saw this and did what I could.  It's not the best card I've produced, but I save a lot of fingernails by using suggested templates already out there.  Don't reinvent the wheel if you don't have to :)

That is my lesson for the day.  Maybe you could play along next monday.  Good Luck!

0 comments: