Friday, December 9, 2011

Peek-a-boo Frames Die

I didn't end up using this die to make an advent calendar this year even though I thought the project in the mini catalog was gorgeous.  I am into the kid advent stuff so I used the big red advent boxes we sold last year.  Drew's elf leaves legos in each box.  Very cool.  I digress.
I used this die to make the tags for my gifts this year.  Here's how it goes down.  I find a Christmas paper I like and then I come home and match it to one of our 50+ colors of cardstock.  Pool Party matched this paper perfectly!  Then, I checked with my color coach and it said that Pool Party went with Chocolate Chip and Wild Wasabi...Well, I couldn't make the Wasabi go on this project, but the other combo was perfect!  Then I match it with the ribbon I found at Michael's too.  Chocolate Chip and Pool Party.  It was like it was made for me!  Ok...more info than you needed to know.  Shoot, I just realized that I added the ribbon after I took this picture.  Oh well, you would have liked it :)


Supplies: 
Stamp Set: Stitched Stockings, Petite Pairs
Paper: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip, Whisper White
Ink: Pool Party, Chocolate Chip
Tools: Big Shot, Peek-a-boo frames die, striped embossing folder, stocking builder punch, 1/16" hole punch
Accessories: dimensionals, white and chocolate 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, hemp twine

1 comments:

Patti Willey said...

I love these colors! They are currently my bedroom pallet. What a good idea to tie in our accessories and tags with rolls of Christmas paper. Now if I only have started my shopping! Yikes!