Tuesday, December 6, 2011

A Very Twisted Top Note


Here's a card I got from Mary Fish's site last Christmas, but had never tried it.  The red part is cut with the Top Note Die.  You cut it regular and then rotate it 90 degrees and cut it again.  I think that is so clever.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Word Play
Paper: Real Red, Garden Green, Whisper White
Ink: Garden Green
Tools: Big Shot, perfect polka dots embossing folder, top note die, dotted scallop ribbon border punch
Accessories: mini jingle bells, basic rhinestones, real red 1/4" grosgrain ribbon, brights buttons, glue dots.


2 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Nice card! Love that sentiment and sorry to say I don't have it! I follow Mary every day. She's the Queen of clean & simple fantastic cards!

Carol Carriveau said...

Very cool idea...and great card Beth! I remember from a few years back that some demos were doing something like this - thanks for reminding us!