Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Need a kick in the pants?

I issued a challenge to my stamp club last month to try a mojo Monday sketch.  It's basically a sketch to get the juices flowing to create a one of a kind card.  It usually takes me 2 hours.  I put so much into those.  I was very proud of all who tried.  Many said they didn't like it b/c it took too much thinking.  I understood, but were excited they tried.  I have a feeling they'll try again.  Not just because I gave them free SAB products for trying :)

This is the sketch I chose for them.


Here is what I was able to make.  It's just a suggestion.  I took some liberties.
Supplies:
Stamp Set: Swallowtail, collage curios
Ink: midnight muse, gumball green, summer starfruit, crumb cake
Paper: midnight muse, summer starfruit, print poetry dsp pack, vanilla
Tools: Big Shot, stripes embossing folder, edgelits, distressing tool, paper piercing mat and tool, 1" circle punch, banner framelits
Accessories: summer starfruit ribbon, soda pop tops, basic pearls

There might be 2 things on this card you may not recognize.  The silver accessory is the pop top run though the big shot and flattened out.  I love it!  The other thing that may have boggled your mind is the ink technique I used.  It's called the thumping technique.  I inked up the swallowtail with crumb cake and then took the paintbrush end of our stampin write marker and thumped it all over the stamp.  I did find that thumping in the same direction looks better.  Give it a try :)

0 comments: