Friday, November 18, 2011

More Spice Cake DSP

I just can't get enough of this paper.  I am so sad that we will only have it for 6 more weeks;(  STOCK UP PEOPLE!!!  We learned how to make this card at the Birmingham Half-Day Regionals last month.

Supplies: 
Stamp Set: Swirls and Curls (retired)  Should have used Perfectly Penned, but didn't have it yet.
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Pool Party, Whisper White, Early Espresso, Pear Pizzazz, More Mustard, Spice Cake DSP
Tools: Big Shot, Tasteful Trim Die, Blossom Bouquet Triple Layer punch, butterfly punch
Accessories: basic pearls, antique brads, dimensionals, dauber, paper snips



It looks rather simple, but there are several steps.  WORTH every one of them!  Here they are step by step for you :)

Punch out 4 of these butterflies out of mustard paper and snip them as shown here.  Sponge espresso around edges.
Layer them on top of one another.  I rotated them 90 degrees each time to make sure the flower was balanced all the way around.
Here's your sandwich.
Just use the mat pack and paper piercer to make a hole in the middle and put the brad through.  Fluff it :)
To do the green part, look here.
Cut espresso layer from tasteful trim die and punch out 4 of the flowers.  You will cut it as seen above and discard the piece with only 2 loops.  Then glue them on the back of the espresso trim.  Very clever of SU!

There are a few ways to use our basic pearls especially the smallest ones I have used here.  Here are the 2 ways I use.

 Jewelry Tweezers
Paper snips.

Give this card a try.  It was so fun to make.  I sent out 3 of these as Birthday Thank Yous and the recipients were so impressed!!  Happy Crafting!

2 comments:

Patti Willey said...

Beautiful! I agree, this DSP is the Best!!
Sigh, once again, I don't have that butterfly punch nor the Tasteful Trim die, always something isn't there!

But I'll try to work with what I have, the scallop border punch, I do have that Triple Blossom Punch just got it! And I always try to have those awesome antique brads on hand, they're so gorgeous!

Thanks for sharing what you made at Regionals Beth!

Anonymous said...

Your card is beautiful. The paper is such a wow factor and I love that border you made. What a GREAT idea!! thanks for sharing, your tutorial was wonderful.
Randy