Thursday, October 6, 2011

Quick Gently Falling

Last week I did a demo for my friend Toni.  I had to show this gorgeous stamp set, but I didn't want to overwhelm new stampers with all my layers and tools.  So, I found this one online and it was PERFECT!  Please forgive my little mistakes at the bottom.  I didn't have time to make another one.  I have noticed lately with the die cut stamps, I have to take a baby wipe and wipe around the edges.

Supplies:
Stamp Set: Gently Falling, Perfectly Penned
Paper: Whisper White
Ink: More Mustard, Pool Party, Pear Pizzazz, Soft Suede


I did want to dress it up a little though...couldn't help myself.  I lined the envelope.


I cut a piece of Spice Cake DSP into the usual 5.5 x 4.25.  I pushed the paper down into the envelope until the top of the paper touched the tip of the flap. Them I cut the excess DSP off the edges and glued it on.  A really neat way to make a simple card pop a little.

2 comments:

Becky Jo said...

I love this card. Simple, but elegant! TFS Wanted to mention a tip I read somewhere: if you take the edge of an X-acto blade and gently scratch the ink that shouldn't be there it will come off. I've tried this and it works most of the time! If I have a stamp that continually does this I take the scissors and cut that particular spot off the rubber.

littlebitoftoto said...

I so love this really clean and simple card...it is something I have such a hard time doing...thanks for the idea