Wednesday, March 9, 2011

WOW Wednesday! Build-A-Blossom

Good Morning.  I don't know if this constitutes as a WOW, but I sure love it!  This is almost a direct case from the Occasions Mini Catalog page 12.  I've just added a sentiment at the bottom.

Supplies: 
Stamp Set: Build A Blossom, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Paper: Baja Breeze, Early Espresso, Old Olive, Whisper White, Blushing Bride
Ink: Old Olive, Blushing Bride, Pirouette Pink, Early Espresso
Tools: Blossom petals punch, 1/2" circle punch, modern label punch, word window punch, bone folder
Accessories: glue dots, dimensionals, crystal effects, pearls



Card Tips:
  • Main Card measures 4-7/8" square b/c my envelope was 5" Square
  • Find the center of the card and organize your petals around it.  I didn't do that and had extra space at the bottom and I had to add a little something.  (There are no mistakes in card making, just opportunities for layering and embellishing)
  • If I had thought of it before I would have run the espresso square through the Big Shot with one of the embossing folders...forgot and then I had already glued :(
  • This is a 2-step Stamp Set so you'll need to stamp Pirouette Pink first and then Blushing Bride on top.
  • Take your top 5 petals and your bone folder and curl the edges to give dimension.  You can do it to both layers if you'd like.  You could also use a pen to wrap your petals around if you don't have a bone folder.  
Here's a quick video on 2-step stampin' and the stamp-a-majig!

    4 comments:

    Cindy said...

    I finally took the time to look at your blog yesterday and found out that your not going to be able to continue... thanks for sending me the website! If sometime in the future you decide to start back up be sure to send me the website again. This flower card is so pretty!! When will the new stamping up catalog be available? Let me know and the price, I'd like to order one! Also at the same time the thingamagig? Sorry I couldn't make your party at You're Mom's last week. Cindy

    Cindy E said...

    I love this card and this stamp set !!!

    Cindy E said...

    I just watched the video...and have a question. How did you clean the brown ink off your stamp without it moving on the acrylic.

    Beth Crocker said...

    Did washing the block help, Cindy?